New restrictions on the foreigners' entry
From 00:00 on August 28 until 00:00 on September 28, 2020, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine establishes restrictions on the entry of foreign citizens into Ukraine.
According to the government’s decision, it is allowed to enter Ukraine for foreigners who:
- are the first degree relatives of Ukrainian citizens;
- have an official valid work permit in Ukraine;
- are technical specialists who arrive in Ukraine at the invitation of Ukrainian enterprises;
- travel through the territory of Ukraine and have documents confirming departure abroad within two days;
- arrive in the country for education;
- perform military service in the Armed Forces;
- permanently or temporarily live in Ukraine and have permanent/temporary residence permits;
- are heads and members of official delegations of foreign countries; employees of international organizations, persons who are accompanying them, at the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Parliament of Ukraine - Verkhovna Rada, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Office of the President of Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
- are drivers and/or crewmembers of vehicles, buses that make regular transportations; crewmembers of aircraft, sea and river vessels; members of train and locomotive crews;
- are cultural workers who arrive at the invitation of a cultural institution together with one person accompanying each of them;
- arrive to participate in official sports competitions held in Ukraine, and accompanying persons;
- are persons who transport hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
- arrive for treatment in health care institutions of Ukraine.
Below there is a list of foreigners who will also be able to enter the territory of Ukraine:
- recognized as refugees or persons who need additional protection;
- employees of consulates, official international missions and organizations accredited in Ukraine; members of their families;
- persons who arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- instructors of the Armed Forces of NATO and members of the "Partnership for Peace" NATO program, who take part in training for the Armed Forces of Ukraine or arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
We also remind you that foreign citizens must have an insurance policy to cover possible costs related to COVID-19 treatment and observation (issued by an insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine).
If you have any questions, you can always contact us. We will be happy to help.
Stay safe and sound!
Your ABEA team